Friday, May 08, 2009

All alone...sort of...

So, Colby and Barrett are camping. It's Fathers and Sons campout time, after all. So, while the guys were out being manly and dirty, Savannah and Charlotte and I went out tonight, just the girls. In Charlotte's words, we went "girly." We all got dressed up very fancy and fluffy, and we went for dinner and ice cream. Then we came home, got in our most comfy jammies, and popped popcorn and watched "Tinkerbell." Very girly! It was so fun to be, in Savannah's words, "with no boys!" I honestly was going to take some pictures, until I remembered that Colby took the camera with him. Oh well. But, the girls are in bed now, Colby's not here to help me relish the fact that our beloved Boston Red Sox won again tonight (I had to watch the game highlights by myself!), he's not here to listen to me ramble on and on, while he listens ever-so-patiently, bless his heart! You know what, I am kinda lonely!!! Seriously! It seems like I am always secretly (or not so secretly) wishing for a few minutes alone, and here it is, and I don't think it's very much fun at all!! I miss Colby, I actually kind of miss Barrett trying to "mess around" with his blankie and Hobbes, and it just seems so strangely quiet. Oh well, I guess maybe I'll just go to sleep...after all, what else is there to do? Laundry? Dishes? Cleaning? NO WAY!!! :0)

3 comments:

Boyers said...

I am so sorry!! i should have come over for the girly night too!!! isn't it funny that all you wish for is time alone until you get it and you are so used to not being alone!! i hope the boys have fun!!

Tiff said...

Sounds like so much fun to have a girly night! You are such a great mom! :) It is kinda funny how much we miss those boys when they are gone!!

Tammy said...

Oh, I know exactly how you feel. You wish for the quiet until you actually get it. I have those alone moments more often now, and I do have to say I miss the noise sometimes.