So, Colby has been wanting a new camera for quite some time. And not just any new camera, but a really good new camera. A digital SLR camera. Don't ask me what that means, because he tried to explain it to me, and I still don't know. So, I finally let him get one. It is a Nikon D90 with some type of incredibly nifty lens or something. Honestly, I have no idea how the camera works, how the lens works, why the lens and the actual camera body are two separate pieces, and so on and so on. All I do know is that I am scared to death to touch it, use it, or do anything at all even near it. But it does take amazing pictures, as you can see below...

So, this is an ultra-close up of one of my favorite things. It is a "Sleeping Beauty" plate Colby gave me the Christmas before we were married ("Sleeping Beauty" is my very favorite Disney movie of all time, just in case you were thinking that he gave me an incredibly lame gift, because he didn't, I LOVE it!!). Please notice the remarkable detail this camera produces- see all the dust? Yes, a fine picture that shows off my woeful housekeeping!

This is Smokey. Isn't he adorable? His fur looks so shiny and soft. It really is, but in our other camera (that only I will be using from here on out, because it doesn't frighten me!!) the detail is nowhere near this.

And the new guy, Sneezy. Caught red-handed drinking from the toilet. What a dweeby cat! I swear, in one of his other 9 lives, he must have been a dog or something!

Of course, a picture of the Boston Red Sox hat. It looks pretty darn good in the other camera's pictures, but this is something else!!!

And this is a close-up of the flowers that I sent Colby for his birthday. Aren't they beautiful? Really, this new
(and scary) camera does take amazing and beautiful pictures, but I shall remain dedicated and faithful to the other camera that is all one piece, that doesn't terrify me, and Colby will have exclusive rights to this one.
2 comments:
I LOVE that you sent Colby flowers for his birthday! I don't even get flowers from James on my birthday!
Don't be scared Dani......just keep it on auto until you realize it is not so scary after all.
Post a Comment