Thursday, April 16, 2009

Quiz by Kid #3

So, here is the final installment in my "Kid Quizzes." Here are Barrett's long-anticipated quiz answers. I have to admit, I was totally excited for his, mostly because he is only 2; well, really almost 3, but still...his answers MUST be hilarious, plus, he is just such a crack-up, I really was anxious to hear what he would say. So, with that grand introduction, here goes....Ask your child(ren) to answer the following questions and type in their answers. Tag other moms with older kids who may get a kick out if it!!



1. What is something your mom always says to you? Spy kids, because I'm a spy kid. (Okay, so we watched "Spy Kids" yesterday, and he has been a "Spy Kid" ever since. But I don't recall ever saying "spy kids" to him, other than telling him it was the name of the movie Dad put in.)


2. What makes your mom happy? Snakes. (I guess that could be so, but only because I'd be rejoicing that they are snakes, and not spiders.)


3. What makes your mom sad? Spiders. (Yep. Sad, followed by scared to death, followed by paralysis and the inability to do anything about said spider, followed by convincing the cat that he should take care of it for me.)


4. How does your mom make you laugh? Like that. (This was prefaced by Barrett making some sort of devilish, maniacal laughing sounds.)


5. What was your mom like as a child? She was a tiny, tiny baby. Like babies. But I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy with "Handy Manny" underpants. (I can't recall what my initial reaction to this one was, because I was seriously laughing my tush off!!)


6. How old is your mom? I don't say it. (Huh. Not that I'm afraid of telling people or anything, but it was funny to hear him say that; like it's a "G-14 Classified" piece of information!)


7. How tall is your mom? Bigger.


8. What is your mom's favorite thing to watch on TV? Pinocchio, but I don't like that movie, because it scares me. (He likes it well enough until we get to the part where all the boys are at Pleasure Island. I suppose I should hope and pray that he always has an aversion to boys being the worst sort of reckless and horrid boys imaginable.)


9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Do that. (He was pointing at the computer.)


10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? Just like race cars, because race cars are famous, like Lightning McQueen is a famous race car. (Everyone got that? race cars are famous!!!)


11. What is your mom really good at? Snakes, because they aren't scary.


12. What is she not very good at? Spiders, because they are yucky and they make my Mom scared like this... (and then he shrieked like a mad man, and ran down the hall as fast as his little Lightning McQueen shoes could take him.)


13. What does your mom do for her job? Things I can do. (Huh. Suddenly I feel like my job is not that awesome or challenging!)


14. What is your mom's favorite food? Nachos. And I like nachos, and we don't eat toys, huh Mom? (Okay, so I do like nachos, Barrett doesn't like nachos, as far as I knew, anyway...and we definitely DO NOT eat toys, although the boy does make a habit of putting anything and everything in his mouth. I have joked, sort of, that I am going to give him back his binky if he doesn't stop!)


15. What makes you proud of your mom? The sun, because the sun is really nice. (What the...?)


16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Wendy from "Bob the Builder." (Wow. I am pretty darn scared of anything resembling a tool. I like manual labor to be more along the lines of loading a dishwasher, cleaning up toys, sorting laundry...you know, things most women wish they could stop doing so much. I'm such a tool-wimp...)


17. What do you and your mom do together? Play the Wii. And I like Wii, I like Guitar Hero, because I'm a Guitar Hero Boy, and my Dad likes to play the black guitar, and he plays the Guitar Hero song. (So, I only play the Wii rarely, I have never, ever played Guitar Hero, and Colby does like to play "Invincible" by Muse because it is one of the only songs by them that I don't particularly love, and it happens to be just about the ONLY Muse song that he likes...go figure...)

18. How are you and your mom the same? I don't think so. (Well, okay then.....!)

19. How are you and your mom different? Just like Daddy's different, because I'm a different guy that has blond hair. (Hmmm....whatever you say, Pal!)

20. How do you know your mom loves you? Things. (I hope they are nice things!)

21. What does your mom like most about your dad? Bear-Bear things. (Well, apparently the thing I like most about Colby is that he gave me Barrett. It's a good thing that Barrett has such a healthy dose of self-esteem!!!)


22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? Costco.


23. What is your mom afraid of? Spiders, because they are bad and yucky like monsters. (He forgot evil and the literal spawn of Satan...)


24. What is your mom not afraid of? Snakes, they don't go to time-out. (What the...?)


25. What does your mom like the best about you? My pictures. (I do love to look at the kids' scrapbooks quite often, you know, laughter and tears simultaneously and all that...)



So, that's Bear Bear. Wow. That's all I can say, because I am laughing and hysterical, and Charlotte has asked me a couple of times why I am "so silly." Informative and entertaining! So, as ever, I still think everyone should do this. Let the good times roll!

2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

This is so sweet!

Boyers said...

oh my gosh! he is so funny! he says the cutest things! (and i can totally hear you in my head saying your comments!)