Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Health Update....

So, after a trip to the ER on Sunday night, and being diagnosed with a fun little case of pneumonia, I have been pumped full of antibiotics for the past few days. Results? HURRAY for drugs!!!!! Well, medicinal drugs that is. Prescribed by a very nice doctor in the hospital, of course. Seriously, life is just about heaven on earth for me the last couple days. How blissful! I am much, much happier now that I am on meds, feeling very much more full of energy for the first time in about 3 weeks, and I can breathe without pain. YAHOO!!!!! Rejoice with me, honestly. However, all this new-found happiness doesn't come without a price, you know. One of the meds I am on is a low-grade steroid to help clear my lungs, and I can tell you, there is no pill on the face of the earth with a more nasty and vile coating. The first two days, I had to take THREE of them! Yuck. I could seriously taste those nasty little pills all day long, no matter what I ate or drank. Now I'm down to 2 pills a day, which I swallow after burying them in a spoonful of yogurt. Much better. I cannot wait until I am down to just one pill a day, and then, no more at all!! Anyway, I am feeling much better. I could almost think of myself as Happy Dwarf, except that's much too positive and optimistic for my liking. So, I am still Grumpy, just a healthy Grumpy. And, Oscar the Grouch is still the coolest!!

1 comment:

Boyers said...

I am glad you are starting to feel better. Let us know if you guys need anything!!