Monday, March 23, 2009

Draper Temple



So, I am a blog-slacker, and haven't updated for a little bit. We had the opportunity to attend the Draper Temple open house with the kids. It was nice, and they actually handled it better than I thought they would. It was too flippin' cold to take pictures in front of the temple, but here is everyone in front of this beautiful picture of the Savior. This is after the open house where the kids thought it was fabulous that they could each have their very own water bottle and cookies! I truly think that may have been their favorite moment of the open house!
Savannah wanted to go to the temple so badly, and it was very much an amazing experience for her, I think. She was particularly struck by the baptismal font. It made her that much more excited for her own baptism coming up in a few weeks. She is quite excited that by the time the Oquirrh Mountain Temple is dedicated in August that she'll be old enough to attend the dedication. Plus, it will be nice warm weather then, so we'll take pictures in front of the temple for that one!

1 comment:

The Fife's said...

We made it out the last week. It was fun and the timing was not to long, which I had heard.