Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Kids and Thanksgiving...

So, I decided to post a small little thing about the kids' Thanksgiving. Before we eat our Thansksgiving dinner, we always have everyone go around and say one or two things they are thankful for. This year was kind of interesting...
Savannah, who is nearly 8, said she was thankful for her family.
Charlotte, who is almost 4, said she is thankful for...socks. Yep, you read correctly, Char is thankful for socks. Hmmm, she HATES socks! She is like her Mom and usually wants to be bare-footed! Unless there are Princess slippers nearby, of course. They are the lone exception. So, socks for Charlotte.
Then, Barrett, my 2 year old, said he was thankful for his Mommy! Awww, I almost melted from the cuteness of the moment. Then I wished that we had been recording all of this, because I am certain that when he hits age 16 or so, he probably will not be thankful for his Mommy quite so much!! Then I could pull out the tape and prove to him that at some distant time in the past, he loved his Mommy!

4 comments:

Luckiest Girl.... said...

How cute...I am sure he will always be a mama's boy! He will be saying the same thing when he is 16, 26, 56 etc.

The Fife's said...

Cute. We did the same thing and darn me for not even remembering what Gabrielle said. They are at such a cute age.

Tiff said...

So cute! I love the things they come up with sometimes! You just have to smile! :)

Jenn said...

I found your blog! Yea I am so excited. I have to disagree...I'm certain that when Bear is 16 he will still adore his mom! Love you guys.