Friday, May 28, 2010

The color wheel....

You know you love your daughter when.......
You allow her to pick out your nail polish color, and then, stick with what she picks, even if the color she chooses is this:
Yep, a delightful shade of pink Charlotte calls "Pretty as a Princess Pink." OPI calls it "Panda-monium Pink." Either way, it reminds me of cotton candy or Pepto-Bismol, and it is generally a color that I would not choose for myself. At all. I much prefer colors that are slightly more dramatic and moody, such as:

"Be Still My Heart," or, as OPI calls is, "Bastille My Heart." I like this color. A lot.

It is definitely one of my favorites. But, to be very honest....

This is my very most favorite color: "Black Magic."

I LOVE THIS COLOR!

It seems just as moody and cynical and pessimistic as I am.

But, because I love Charlotte, and because I love that she is so pink and fluffy and twirly-girly, I let her pick out the color, knowing full well that she would probably pick out a color that secretly makes me think of Pepto-Bismol.

So, now every time I look down and see my fingernails, I think of upset tummies from eating way too much cotton candy, and therefore, choking down Pepto.

Sure do love you, Charlotte.

Next time, I pick the color!

No comments: