Charlotte has decided that she no longer wants to take naps during the day. Yes, I do realize that she is five, and that many kids her age haven't been taking naps for quite some time now. But, only in the last few weeks has she expressed her displeasure about naptime.
But, today, she told me that she couldn't take naps anymore, and it took every ounce of self-restraint I had to not laugh, because it was soooooo funny.
Charlotte takes the award for
"Most Clever and Creative Way To Get Out Of Doing Something"
for telling me this:
"I can't take naps now, because I am allergic to naps. Mom, do you know what "allergic" means?"
And then she proceeded to explain to me the definition of "allergic:"
'it means you really hate something.'
Huh.
So Charlotte is allergic to naps, and by her definition of the word, I am allergic to spiders, tomatoes, jelly beans, and the horribly
over-rated music of U2.
What kinds of things are you "allergic" to?!?!?
But, today, she told me that she couldn't take naps anymore, and it took every ounce of self-restraint I had to not laugh, because it was soooooo funny.
Charlotte takes the award for
"Most Clever and Creative Way To Get Out Of Doing Something"
for telling me this:
"I can't take naps now, because I am allergic to naps. Mom, do you know what "allergic" means?"
And then she proceeded to explain to me the definition of "allergic:"
'it means you really hate something.'
Huh.
So Charlotte is allergic to naps, and by her definition of the word, I am allergic to spiders, tomatoes, jelly beans, and the horribly
over-rated music of U2.
What kinds of things are you "allergic" to?!?!?
3 comments:
I am allergic to a few things as well. consider yourself lucky that she has napped for so long!! Now hopefully Barrett doesn't all the sudden become allergic.
That was too cute of a story!
P.S. I am allergic to changing diapers and on somedays working.
That is one great story. No wonder when I do things I don't like, I cough and itch so much...I'm allergic. Brilliant.
Post a Comment