Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Battle Cry.....

This happened a while ago, and I thought I had already blogged it, but apparently I didn't, so, better late then never!!

Back in February, our family watched the Olympics. We love the Olympics, and the kids really liked it, especially figure skating, snowboard halfpipe, and the ski jumps. But, during the men's figure skating, there was a short little bio of Russian skater Yevgeny Plushenko. Well, Barrett LOVED watching him skate, and actually thought that his name was just about the coolest thing he'd ever heard. For days after, he would take his sword, his gun, his shield, or whatever weapon he happened to have, and then, before attacking whatever nefarious foe he was up against, he would shout "Yevgeny Plushenko!" and advance toward the enemy with deadly speed and force. Or, if he ever tripped, fell down, or otherwise hurt himself, he would say "ouch, yevgeny plushenko!"
That guy's name became Barrett's all-purpose expression: a battle cry, an expression of anger or hurt, you name it.
It was sooo funny, and I wish I had caught it on camera for you. He was so cute, and it was just adorable to see him, sword raised, face drawn in concentration, and then his adorable little-boy voice shout, at the top of his lungs, "Yevgeny Plushenko!"

So cute! How I love that little boy of mine!!

1 comment:

Boyers said...

that is sooooo cute!! oh i love that kid. he makes me laugh! love ya. miss you guys!