Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Great Song


So, Colby and I love music. All kinds of music and from virtually any timeframe. It just so happens that I dearly LOVE the song "So Happy Together" by The Turtles. It is a wonderful song dating back to 1967; before I was even born! I love this song, it makes me think of Colby every time I hear it. I have it and I have listened to it several times. Today it came on, and Savannah and Charlotte and Barrett all said, "Mommy, it's your Daddy song!" Well, they were right! And since Savannah didn't complain about it being uncool or "old" this time, I turned up the volume nearly full-blast, and we had a great time listening to a delightful older song, while Mommy told the kids how cute and amazing and cool their Daddy is. After that started, Savannah made faces and gaggy noises at me and rolled her eyes. And for the record, Savannah thinks that the Jonas Brothers are who we should have been listening to instead of The Turtles. No way Savannah! Those little boys don't have any songs even half as cool as "So Happy Together!!"

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I couldn't agree with you more. It's funny however, my boys have all of my favs on their ipods. Good oldies never go out of style if you ask me.