Friday, June 05, 2009

She's so good...

So, my dear Dad has the kids tonight. Yep, all three of them! They were so excited to spend the night at Grandpa's house, and they were eagerly waiting at the front door for him to pick them up. Now, Colby and I were going to the open house at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple tonight. We are taking the kids a bit later this summer. So, my dear, adorable and sweet Savannah comes up to me early this morning, and asks me a question. She is kind of holding back tears, and I'm thinking that Barrett's been mean to her or something, but I was wrong. My wonderful, recently-baptized daughter asked me "Is it more important to go with Grandpa or go to the temple?" She was really worried and upset about it. I almost laughed at her; I mean, she's only eight! How on earth is she so GOOD? Certainly not from me, or because of me in any way. It's all her Dad. Anyway, only my sensitive Savannah would be so worried about doing the right thing, even when one of the options is spending time with Grandpa. I assured her that the temple is very important, but that Grandpa is important too, and being with Grandpa is perfectly fine. Whatever am I going to with a kid as good and spiritual as Savannah is? She is amazing.

3 comments:

Boyers said...

She is adorable. I am gald that you guys were able to go. that is so cool. and how lucky for them to go to grandpa's house!

The Fife's said...

See, you are doing a great job!!!

Matt & Darla said...

How sweet, Dani! You've got great kids!!