Monday, October 06, 2008

Thoughts for my Daddy

So, this is something that has been on my mind for a little while. My Dad is the most amazing person I know. He just is. The funny thing about saying that is, when I was the typical obnoxious teenager who thought I knew everything, I thought my Dad was sooo lame and that when I grew up, I would never talk to him again. Honestly, I could not have been more wrong. My Dad has been through some challenges in his life, some have been foisted upon him, and some have been self-inflicted, but what is so amazing and inspiring to me is how he has adapted to the changes in his life. In all honesty, my Dad now is almost nothing like the Dad I knew as a kid. He has made so many changes in his life that were, and continue to be difficult, and he sticks with it. He is such a wonderful father to me, and such an adorable and sweet grandpa to my children. I love to talk to him, he is the first person I want to turn to for advice when I need it, and he just inspires me to be a better person. Really, Daddy, if you could read this, (and you can't because you hate modern technology, which, sadly, includes computers!!!!!!!) I could try to put my feelings and thoughts on here, but they just don't translate well.
I just love my Daddy and I am so grateful that I have him in my life.
Love you, Dad!

No comments: