Thursday, October 02, 2008

Savannah's sweetness


Okay, so I don't have a picture that "matches" or goes along with this post, so I just attached some random picture of Savannah! So, Colby was telling me that the other day, out of the blue, Savannah tells him "I want to be taller than Mommy when I grow up." Colby's first thought was something like "Well, that shouldn't be too hard to achieve!" but he remained sensible and asked her why. Her response was classic Savannah sweetness: "Because then I can reach things for her and she won't need a step-stool for everything." Honestly, is there a kid out there any sweeter or more thoughtful? Absolutely not! She is such a sweetheart, and I feel kind of bad, because I think I sometimes focus on things that are not that important, like the fact that she still sucks her thumb (aaarrrggghhh!), or that she has a tendency to be just a tad whiny sometimes. But, more than any of the trivial things that really do not matter in an eternal perspective, she has such a caring, loving and thoughtful soul, which is so much more important and worthwhile to focus on. Really, if I had not been there when she emerged from me, I would not believe that I had anything to do with producing such a wonderful and sweet child. She amazes me.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Savannah is a sweetheart! She even puts up with Hudson following her around and hanging on her! :) Cute blog... your kids are adorable, I just love them!