Okay, so I decided to postpone reading "A Tale of Two Cities" for a couple reasons: 1- I own the book, so I can read it whenever I want, and 2- I had two books being held at the library, so I decided to start with those. Here is what I just finished:
This is one of Jules Verne's lesser known works. I happened to stumble across it on the library's website, and decided to try it. You know what? I really wanted to love it. I read "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" years ago and loved it. I started "Around the World in Eighty Days," but I never finished it (both books are on my wish list at the library, though).
This is one of Jules Verne's lesser known works. I happened to stumble across it on the library's website, and decided to try it. You know what? I really wanted to love it. I read "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" years ago and loved it. I started "Around the World in Eighty Days," but I never finished it (both books are on my wish list at the library, though).I did not love this book. It was just 'okay.'
It just didn't grab my attention and hold my interest the way "20,000 Leagues..." did. I never felt myself emotionally responding to any parts of the story.
Despite not loving this book, I still stand by my long-held belief that reading a book is never a waste of time!
So, on to the next, which happens to be....
"Paradise Lost" by John Milton.
I have never read this book, but it was on a list of suggested reading titles at some point in high school.
I am excited. I love books about religiosity and spirituality. And who doesn't love an epic poem?
1 comment:
Good luck with Paradise Lost. I suppose it speaks to some people, but it was just. plain. torture. to me. I hope you like it!
Post a Comment