Thursday, September 16, 2010

How do I love thee...

Yesterday at lunch, Barrett was eating his sandwich, and then said "Mom." Anticipating that he was going to ask for chips (which he knows he can't have until his sandwich and banana are all gone), I said "After your sandwich and banana, Bear."
Then, he just said "Mom" again. So, I just said "What, Bear?"
And he replied with: "Mom, you're so pretty."

This morning, we were on the couch reading a book, and he looked up at me and this conversation took place:
"Mom, can I marry you?"
"Definitely."
"Can I be your Prince, and can you be my Princess?"
"I'd love that, Bear!"
"I love you, Mom."
(me choking back tears of utter joy) "I love you too, my Little Prince."

Oh, how I love that boy!!!

1 comment:

Boyers said...

he is so sweet!!! oh i miss you guys!